Thursday, November 8, 2012

Good Question about Reference Essays



From: Heard, Makaeta J.
Sent: Tue 11/6/2012 9:40 PM
To: Aiken, Sharon B.
Subject: Argumentative Essay- Works Cited


Mrs Aiken,
   The essays for the topic Is Walmart good for America are not in the 12th edition of the textbook, and that is the edition that I have. I have found these essays online, but if I cite them from online I will not have the sources from the textbook that I need. What should I do  . . . . will my grade be affected since I will not have at least two sources from the book?






__________________________________

No--those essays that are on the side are essays that would be in the book, if you had that edition. No points will be taken off for using them; indeed, you are doing exactly what you need to do. You can cite those essays on the sidebar using easybib, as though they were from a website, which they are.  Thank you for the question--I can see how that could be confusing and distressing. I will pass this on to all classes.

I appreciate your concern!






No comments:

Post a Comment